When you question your sanity and endurance, you know your getting on shaky ground in this journey with this family. Last night I have begun to question my ability to "run this marathon" with this family I have graciously allowed to share my home. I actually had to get in my vehicle and leave my own home last night because "Ms. D" had gotten so FOUL!!! I am seaching for some solid ground to stand ON HERE GOD ... AND I NEED HELP!
We have done this co-sharing our home before with this family, .... several times. Only once was one of their exits on good terms. But they had only came to stay for a maximum of 6 to 8 weeks We made it close to 8 weeks when they found a place to move to. This time as usual ..... Miss "D" and her inability to cope with "normal expectations" has hit the fan ...... combined with my inability to cope with a certain level of what i will term "base gross living conditions" and THIS IS MY HOME ..... Years ago when I was in my 40's I could work all week and still whip this house into shape on a weekend with one arm tied behind my back. NOW??!! I feel blessed when I can clean one room in a week. .... and my house has 10 rooms. NOW .... SIGH .... I have 5 people here when Hubby and I are gone (school just started so it is now 4 people ) Messing & fiddling ( I specifically mentioned this .... last night I come home to find the "Electric plug in strip missing that every light in the Living room and Stove room plug into to .... this was an adult!!) , getting into things, leaving things where they don't belong, not picking up after their selves, I feel helpless and not sure how to convey to them I NEED HELP!! and their way of "Drop and let drop where it is living" can not co-exist here with ME!
On July 18th I had posted some things I expected of this family ..... Lets revisit today August 17th where we are ......
#1 POTTY CHAIR KEPT EMPTIED ON A REGULAR BASIS ..... Doing much better! Even the 3 and 4 year old are emptying it. I did have to ask the other day .... Hubby went to use the bathroom and it had been left "used" and was smelling up the bathroom, .... sigh .... still warm summer weather and a hot bathroom with no air flow can take on a life of it's own in the smell department.
#2 Wet, Damp clothes, towels, anything cloth and yes any clothes, towels or cloth that has water on it HUNG UP TO DRY …. NOT THROWN IN LAUNDRY BASKETS ..... About a week ago I finally got tired of constantly reminding them to NOT THROW wet or damp stuff in laundry basket in bathroom, and to hang up damp towels. I removed the laundry basket and ask if the clothes just get put in the laundry room.
☛☛☛ "Ms. Mama D" is accusing me of "SHE IS SICK OF MY ""F- in" LISTS !!!
#3 Dirty dishes removed from DINING table when DONE EATING …. We are still batting about 50% of the time here ..... I'm not home 5 days a week so based on when I am home it is about only half the time.
#4 ALL goo, goop, food stuff …. etc wiped off table when DONE EATING! and table cleaned up .. We are at only about 10% of the time here without me asking to have it cleaned off ...... sitting down at my dining room table has become a sticky gooey affair most the time. Doing something normal like coming home and sitting down to look at the mail or read a newspaper at the table has stopped entirely.
#5 All food that is put in refrig MUST BE IN A COVERED CONTAINER, BAGGIE etc ….. Good job! I'd say we are at 95% of the time.
#6 All prepared food taken care of after eating ….. It is not to be left out over night ….. I do not want any excuses why I have to get up in the morning and try and get coffee & breakfast around pans of food! This is also not too bad ..... We are running at about 25% of the time i am hunting for counter space ...... They are "NIGHT PEOPLE" and we are "DAY" people. I am trying to help them to understand that when you go to bed @ 4 or 5 AM .... PLEASE make sure all you food prep, dishes and fixings are taken care of. I get up @ 5AM and want to fix coffee without battling dishes ..
#7 All good glass coffee mugs are to be left in the house & backyard sitting area ……. second hand shops carry travel mugs cheap for garage & traveling! This is "MR. Dad SL's" totally and he is batting about a 10% ..... I have had one of my good coffee cups busted cause he left it on his vehicle and drove off, I have found them on the lawn, in the garage and everywhere in between. ! Solution is to remove my good coffee mugs .....
#8 I do not feel it is unreasonable to expect ALL MOVIES to be replaced in their own covers after they are watched! ….. AND put back on the shelf instead of piled high in entertainment center Nope not here either ..... but I removed a lot of our movies and boxed them up ..... so the left out movies are less now ..... sigh!! Solution would be to padlock our Entertainment Center !!
#9 I do not feel it is unreasonable to expect to be able to get up in the morning and be able to make coffee and fixed breakfast in a fairly cleaned up kitchen. 15 minutes can do miracles in there!! ( we have a small galley kitchen) I will give this a 75% of the time .... "Ms. Mama D".... is keeping it done but I'm not sure it's with cheerfulness ...... NO ..... it is probably not! but it's getting done.
#10 I do not feel it is unreasonable to expect ALL toys to be cleaned out of tub after the kids bath. I'll give this about a 90% to .... Good job!
Some of the other things I have ask is or as "Ms. Mama D" calls it the "F-in Lists"
...... #1) "Ms D" has been on a foul language kick FOR ABOUT 2 WEKS NOW ..... with bad unkind and hateful words to express herself to everyone including the 3 and 4 year old!! Her favorite is the "F" word ...... spewing it out in a constant stream when something triggers her, which lately is everything! I have ask she not use that word, I find it very gross!" #2) Water jugs .... I have ask that when drawing hot water to the kitchen that they use our empty gallon jugs to draw off water in ..... Our hot water heater is in the back of the house and takes close to one gallon to get hot water to the kitchen. We use to jugs of water to transport water to our animal water containers.(Me and Hubby have been doing this for years) It is a win win situation and we don't waste water which we pay for by the gallon. "Ms.D" informed me she hasn't been, which is obvious because there are no water jugs with anything in them. She says she is doing the dishes in cold water. EXCEPT the dish washer automatically senses cold and kicks on the "WATER HEATER" SIGH!! ...... #3) I installed a bar over my sink long ago to hang up wet dish clothes. I ask that they be RINSED OUT AND HUNG up after use. ... not happening ...... I find them regularly around the kitchen area waded up and in the sink soaked with debris and nasty. (I just take them tothe laundry room) ..... #4) I occasionally have a container with burnables in it ..... I specifically told everyone the BROWN CAN was burnable stuff so don't put "garbage in it" (it also sat outside the kitchen area in our "Wood stove Room"they had to walk into the Wood Stove Room to put the garbage in here .... and we have a trash can in the kitchen hummmm?? ) ..... SIGH!! ...... kind of getting the feeling it is being done on PURPOSE??? I found non-burnable stuff including coffee grounds with filter piled on top of the burnables Hummmm?? I told them they were cleaning it out! OK so this may be ☛☛☛ Request #5 ☚☚☚ ...... and yes they did after about 4 or 5 requests were made over 3 or 4 days. #6) ....... SIGH!!! yep I do have a list ..... there is a stand by the doorway from the Livingroom to the Stove Room, it has become the "sitting area" for cups, bottles - some empty some partially full, soda cans, dishes etc. and there they plie up until I ask them to clean them up ..... (THIS DOESN'T INCLUDE ALL THE OTHER empty or partially drank cans, cups and bottles sitting around the house ...... )
No comments:
Post a Comment