Friday, August 30, 2013

The Turtle and the Rabbit

    One thing I have learned from the turtle is they are ... V E R Y .... S L O W ..... , yet they are determined and consistent. They carry their own dwelling with them at all times. They stop often and retreat. ... And some of them get ran over on the road. I see them as having a "Do or Die" mentality. They lay their eggs then leave them to fend for themselves @ birth.  On the other hand a Rabbit can run fast, but can also die of heart failure from fright. They make a lot of noise when captured, they can bite, but ultimately have no other defenses. I like the turtle.
    There use to be a TV show on called The Carol Burnett Show, I loved that show ..... especially when her and Tim Conway did "the old couple" ..... I would crack up with Tim, shuffling along with his wobbly cane ..... Ya, know?!  .... he's not so funny any more ..... I shuffle a lot, mostly in the morning when I wake up and my body is still protesting the action of crawling out of bed. Then sometimes after I have had some heavy manual labor to do .... afterwards I sit down and "seize - up" ... then I shuffle a bit .... starting up is like a model A Ford starting up.
      I have always been a "sprinter" start fast, run like crazy get "r" gone ..... I would say I am not a sprinter any longer, but I am not sure if i am exactly a marathon runner either. That's why I like "The Turtle & the Rabbit story" ..... I race now a day more like the turtle.
       The most difficult issues with being older, is my memory ..... Sprinting got you to the finish line with your ideas, ideals and motives still in tact and you could process them thoughts and start the next sprint in your life.  ...... The disadvantages of "Turtle Racing" is you may start out with "WHY" your doing what your doing and an hour later wake up from a snooze and totally forget the "WHY" of your adventure and just proceed with what ever happens next.  ..... It can be a fairly stress free avenue to travel down as long as you remember to not stress over what you have forgotten .... that is if you remember that YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO STRESS OVER ......   I have decided that I am not going to stress over what i can't remember, and what I can remember I have determined that given a short time I can chalk it up to "FORGOTTEN" anyway so then it falls into "not stressing over what you have forgotten" category. Life is SWEET!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment