How do you cope with someone you love, someone you want to trust and believe more then anything yet they lie when they don't even have to? Then they trap you into silence by asking you to keep their little lies private? ......
STILL TRYING TO WORK THROUGH THIS ......
I don't believe I have gotten any further now this many years down the road then I did when I first realized they were a habitual prevaricator. (thought I'd toss in a "big" word ...) it just sounds nicer then the more common word that it means ........
I recently saw a saying about "Building Bridges" ...... sadly for those of us who sincerely want to build a bridge is the reality that sometimes those we want to build a bridge to, doesn't want the BRIDGE BUILT to them! They continually sabotage the bridge you build so it appears to be you who has the faulty bridge. They lay dynamite lies so small and tiny that they may not seem to matter but as each one is laid and explodes when the truth is applied to it, it errodes the solid foundation you have tried to build the bridge on. A lie no matter how small can cause damage. Sometimes the truth has to be "IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS" or " it's not for your ears. Sometimes bluntness has to be applied and sometimes we just need to keep quiet because the truth could do more damage then help! Yet we do not tell a lie either to candy coat the truth! ....... You just keep silence .....
What if the truth will do more damage and you say " I don't know!" and you do ..... what if the answer is no and you say "maybe?" How are these situations handled? ...... "Let me think about it" can be one response, or "Yes I do know, but it is nothing we are going to discuss at this time!" or "Right at this moment I can not talk about it!" .......
No comments:
Post a Comment