My apologies ....... I wish I could post everyday ..... but the truth is I don't always have the time or access to a computer to post. This evening will be a short one ..... up until 2:30AM this morning, slept for a spell then back up at 6:30 for work ..... I originally went to bed at 9:30PM, the dog needed to go out so I went to take the dog out back and Shawn & Dee were out back and informed me our new "13" year old ..... had decided to "run away" at 11:00PM ...... (We had a birthday here this past weekend. ) Teenagers! ...... to be quite frank this has been a repeat issue lately ..... our "girl" don't handle anything without an emotional melt down. We had told her if she did it again we'd call the police ..... and we did! They picked her up and brought her home ...... about wears the strength right out of you. ......
What is good parenting? ...... Sometimes it is making those very difficult hard decisions to involve outside help when a child endangers them self with poor choices. Each of us handle these difficult choices in different ways according to how strong our emotional fibers are. Only time will resolve this entangled set of emotions in this child.
On the lighter side of things ..... I had to rescue the cat from our Akita Abby, she was in process of tearing into the cat because the cat invaded her food territory ..... this all happened after 11:30PM ..... I zigged when I should have zagged and I would have made the Rockettes proud with my moves ! I had poor Dee and Shawn in stitches laughing ..... Dee commented on the hip moves I did ..... Shawn liked the "dance" after I was able to catch my breathe ....I realized i must have jerked some out of alignment parts back into shape ..... I actually felt great! ...... but today my muscles are feeling the gyrations!
A very wise statement was made to me some years ago by one of my bosses ..... they said "you need to figure out how many "fish" you can fry at one time in your frying pan of life." I realized that my "fish count" was approximately 3 at a time. "Fish" refers to situations, circumstances or happenings that involve "you". Things that inevitably you will have to make some sort of decision about in the course of time. I don't take on mentally anymore then three things at any given time. Once in a while something unexpected comes about and someone throws an extra "FISH" in your pan ...... it becomes one of the "Suddenly's" ..... I would love to come up with an acronym to go with "FISH" but for tonight I am not putting that "fish" in my frying pan of life ..... it can wait ! LOL
A proud moment ..... our search dog was nominated for an AKC award for 2013 ..... she recieved a medal in the mail and a letter of recognition of Honorable Mention.
No comments:
Post a Comment