My Blessings of 5 ... and the chaos that frequently happens is such a contrast, that sometimes it makes my mind want to recoil into another realm. Our "new teen" has been having episodes of "meltdowns" on a more and more frequent basis. Tonight another trigger yet. She had been on a slow "roll" since I had come home. By 8PM it came full circle. Her, her mom and the babies were in her mom's bedroom. "Mom would give an instruction to one of the babies and "Miss Teen" would immediately give the the baby an opposite or start yelling at the child. Frequently she has been becoming more and more physical with them.. This is where I became involved. Our home is an old double wide mobile home. The wall between the computer room (use to be a bedroom) and their bedroom is only a piece of paneling. The people who use to live here at one time had the two rooms into one large room. I had just heard Mom tell Pixie to sit down and watch TV, then Miss Teen began to scream at Pixie telling her to get out of the room and that GRANDMA WAS YELLING FOR HER ..... she repeated it twice ..... Then I became involved ..... I went to the bedroom door and told her it was wrong to lie to Pixie. "Miss Teen" and myself have had this same exact conversation too many times in the past over lying to the babies. Miss Pixie went ballistic with screaming and a full blown tirade.
At one point Miss Teen who goes about 170 pounds was hovering over Pixie who is 4 and is very tiny with her fist drawn screaming and ready to hit .... I had to get inbetween this situation ..... not something I like to do on my night off. Mom was outside cooling off after she snapped and needed some space. I did the only thing I know how to do ..... I called the sheriff's office and ask them to send an officer here. Officer "C" arrived .... he was on duty the last time we needed intervention with Miss Teen. There were no adults in the household who can adaquately handle this big bullying angry child. Mom has a disability that affects her balance, I am recovering from a pinched nerve and a almost useless left arm, and hubby has a heart issue that doesn't allow him get involved period @ this point we protect the babies!
Triggers that tigger things .... a family of dysfunctionalism, Mom & Dad are in a line of 2nd and 3rd generation issues ..... the kids are generation 3 or 4. Can you stop a river? Can you stop a tornado? Can you stop this chain of events that send these people into chain reactions? Sadly almost predictable reactions. The Mom says horrible unkind things out of frustartion and anger and reacts in an opposite manner of a normal reaction. The Teen reacts with venom, hostilities, and unkind words and turns to the babies, with horrible words ..... then the mom says more horrible unkind words ...... repeat repeat repeat .......
Dysfunctionalism ..... what is it? It is unable to react, act or respond in a normal responsible manner in a stressful situation, it is a warped misalignment of normal senses, it is often a chemical imbalance from generations of chemical intake, drug abuse, or genetics that have gone haywire. It is generation after generation of abuse and habitual unkind acts and words placed in a persons brain.
Love can stop this chain of events BUT .... only if someone is willing to place them selves in the position as a battering cage for this dysfunctional family to safely bounce off from until they can safely heal to a point of normal functions, thought patterns and behavior. Then just love them ..... sometimes love has to be done through tough love and hard decisions. This is the most difficult part of LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment