I sit here this morning @ 9:37 AM. I have already been to town and picked up parts for the "boy's brakes. "the boy is "Mr. S" ..... Last year in September Mr. S had a job abut 30 miles away and was riding with an older man who constantly fell asleep at the wheel. Not only Mr. S rode with him but a woman who is a sister to a mentally challenged man I help take care of. Her name is Shirley. Shirley and I talk frequently anyway and she voiced her fears of this man having a bad crash with her and "Mr. S" in the vehicle.
They all worked 3rd shift. Mr.S didn't have a vehicle and Shirley did but it wasn't road worthy to drive 30 miles one way every night. Thus I ended up loaning my little 1995 GMC pick-up to Mr. S and I began to drive my hubby's jeep. We really didn't want to sell the GMC. We had just put a "new" motor and tranny in it to the tune of $750.00. This was just for the motor and tranny from a local junk yard. Labor was another $550.00 for install, only because family did the work. ...... Forward to today .... Mr S paid us $500.00 with his income tax return for the truck. Hubby really wanted at least $800.00. The truck is still in our name.
Part of us are "under the weather" .... allergies combined with flu like symptoms have made today already a long looking haul. For me, I feel like my head is somewhere in the next county and feel kinda achy all over. I will need to be available to help with the truck if need be. Then add the usual household weekend cleaning and prep for Monday again and I already feel overwhelmed a bit.
Our "resident "13" year old was informed she was to go to her "dad's" ..... she was angry about it and didn't want to go. (she went last weekend) I told her I am going to have to override her mother decision this time ...... I need her here to watch the two younger kids for us. ( It frequently falls on my shoulders on weekends despite I work all week and only see home for approx. 2to 3 hours a day outside of sleeping.) ...... This weekend I can't.
Sometimes in life I do what I have to, don't make excuses for what I can't and tell everyone "TO JUST DEAL WITH IT!" ...... I have been counseling a friend of mine who has a "Martyr Syndrome" works two jobs @ 7 days a week, and is raising 3 kids PLUS trying to please her "other half" who is an inconsiderate, spoiled rotten oaf who thinks she should be at his every "text and call" He feels he should be able to go out drinking and she should wake up at whatever hour to go pick his sorry self up ..... I told her "do what she has to, don't make excuses for what she can't and tell everyone "TO JUST DEAL WITH IT!" ...... I saw her this morning in my rounds downtown. She truned off phone last night and slept! Someone else had to pick him up. I told her "THAT"S THE WAY TO GO!!" ..... she felt proud of herself! ...... Sometimes a person has to stand up for themselves, put their foot down and just say NO for their own health and sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment