Headed to work yesterday morning and found a small dog / puppy that had been dropped. It appears to be a Rat Terrier. I had Ms. D with me & kids, Ms. D got out and picked it up. ... It was love at first sight! ..... He received a bath, food and a soft bed, and my "Family of 5" named him Tesla. On my way home last night there were 4 tiny kittens about 5 to 6 weeks old in the road. I live out in the country and often people drop their animals on our road. I stopped and rescued 2 and a car behind me took two. This morning our local chapter of "ANIMAL SUPPORT" stopped by and took the two kittens. Happy endings for 5 helpless fur babies. Sadly every year thousands more don't have make it to a happy ending because of irresponsible humans who find it easier to misuse, torture and abandon these helpless creatures then do what is right and spay or neuter their animals or find them a place where it is safe.!
Sometimes when you are a compassionate person it can be a challenge in it's self to maintain your sanity in a world that sometimes seems to have gone crazy. Every day I am confronted with NEEDS.
For those of you who believe in God, have you ever thought about how God feels watching this human race He created, and the messes us humans create, cause and suffer with? Not counting the animals we allow to suffer and be misused that He also created? I spent years wearing myself out physically and mentally trying to be there for everyone and as many animals as possible. One day I read a statement that said "STOP TRYING TO PLAY GOD!" .... it spoke to me .... it rattled me a bit, but I realized that's exactly what I was trying to do without even thinking about it. Running around trying to fixed everyone and everything and make it all better. Do I have a solution to being like this? NOPE! ..... I do spend a lot more time bringing a lot more of all the needs I am aware of to God and leaving them there ..... and I also find at times myself taking some of them back and trying to "get over helpful" again. ......For those who don't have my belief system , .... WELL ..... your on your own .... good luck and may the force be with you!
I have found if I take care of myself, tune into my own physical, mental and emotional capacities and abilities and LISTEN to the Holy Spirit my stress level is A LOT LESS! ..... All the issues and situations in life that can cause us to shake, rattle and roll in the emotional department works better with an internal "shock absorber" installed. I like to call the Holy Spirit by lots of names & descriptions. Again I know some folks don't have this particular belief system but I do, and that's Ok ..... My own personal take on this awesome being / presence is that because I chose to ask God for forgiveness for my sins (that's doing what is wrong even when I know what is right) and simply accept what Jesus did on the cross for me, the Holy Spirit has come to dwell in me. Nothing more nothing less. He is my coping mechanism that triggers inner peace, a calm in the midst of a raging storm, my anchor when all life is raging uncontrolled about me. and someone to talk to that I trust when I am lonely and unsure of everything and everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment