Spontaneity .... and suddenly ...... is a basic description of my one side of my life. The other side loves order, likes to be at least 15 minutes early to anything, and is verging on OCD ( that's where you become a fanatic about a place for everything thing and every thing in it's place. ) for those who aren't sure what OCD is. ...... OK I have to share ...... sorry family or friends if this offends you ....... I moved here from New York State to the beautiful country of Kentucky some years ago. As we made plans to leave I was "ribbed, joked with and picked on about moving to the "hillbilly part of the country" .... I believe too many people were into the "Beverly Hillbillies" Then the more unkind words began in jest ..... about "inbred" .... that's where secretly I was a bit chaffed ..... My parents knew of each other from birth ...... My Mom's mom and my Dad's dad were cousins. So all said and done I am related to myself. Actually I am my own 5th or 6th cousin. Therefore I have a legal right to have at least a double personality! I haven't always liked the idea that there is this "other person" lurking around in me somewhere ..... but at some point "we" have come to realize that "we" need to co-exist and get along! ...... OK ..... now that that tidbit is exposed I will go on ....... LOL!!! ...... Actually a couple of generations ago from my generation it was quite normal to marry a distant cousin or relative.
Living with my Blessings of 5 has brought major conflict to "myself and myself" ..... Some days where the fall out from toddler clutter, dysfunctional adults and now a teenager gets to me I am trying to keep under wraps my temper ........ some days it explodes out of my mouth like a shook up bottle of vinegar and baking soda, a firecracker under a tin can, a VOLCANO erupting! ...... then add to this a "spoiled hubby" who I adore and probably wait on way too much and pick up after just because I do ... and dogs who love to carry teddy bears and pillows all over where they don't belong and one "pup/dog" named Abby who occasionally still tears apart things that have stuffing ...... WHEW!! ...... it can get ugly fast. ......... OK ....... another share moment ...... I am a hoarder ..... SIGH!! not a "only a pathway through the house" type hoarder but more the "wall to wall furniture, books, memento's from my past, grandkids toy's My adult kids moved and left thier furniture behind" type stuff. I grew up in a comfortable wall to wall furniture type home. Where there were treasures around every corner. Here at my house, add almost 20 years in the same home, 5 extra people with their stuff now ..... and it doesn't take much to look .... SIGH .... like a mess! That's when the OCD would like to take over .....
BUT the truth of the matter is ...... before my "Blessings of 5" arrived the OCD wasn't as strong. Matter of fact the "Hoarder" was pretty much in a state of very comfortable and quite content to "just be" ..... no rush, no pressing adgendas to clean it up, no urges to get rid of stuff ..... just a laid back I like it like it is mentality ....... It's so amazing how when we don't have to confront the other side of ourselves it makes life so much easier ..... But ..... sometimes i believe that God knows we need to change, sometimes a wee bit and sometimes a lot ..... in my case I THINK HE HAS SOME MAJOR CHNAGES IN MIND!
No comments:
Post a Comment