1:30PM .... My little granddaughter who looks like "Cindy" in "The Grinch" cartoon movie .... was put in bed about 9PM last night .... I was up cleaning up the kitchen about 10:30PM when she springs from her room marches to the kitchen doorway spreads her arms out and announces "Good Morning Maw-maw" Here is this little munchkin of a doll, 4 years old and all I could do was start to laugh with merriment! I explained to her "it was not morning , it was nighttime" ..... she then insisted it was morning and stated matter of factly that must be i have been up all night because she knew it was morning! ..... This child is a natural born leader! ......
Today is incredible ..... weeks of simmering hot summer days and fairly hot nights, It is in the mid 70's today with a fair wind of balmy breezes and blue skys with just the right amount of fluffy clouds strolling lazily across the sky. My Hubby is out mowing the grass to add to the senses of delight. Aaahhh! fresh cut grass ..... (as long as you aren't allergic to it) Despite my poor hubby being somewhat affected by it ..... he does a fast mow on the riding lawn mower, minimizes the cut grass effect.
....... sigh .... I was a bear this morning! ...... I am so thankful for a forgiving family. ...... One of those mornings where you just snap ..... All of a Sudden ..... your walking through the house there is "stuff" here and there ...... you start to feel overwhelmed, self pity sets in and WHAM! ...... you can feel it from the tip of your toes .... crawls up you like a fast moving flood, and "kersplash" out of your mouth flows ...... lava, sludge, slime and whine ...... to no one in particular and anyone who happened to be in your way ....... Why oh why do I do this? ....... I did apologize to those I spewed on. .......... and then ...... despite my ornery self ..... we went to church .... like a sick person needing a doctor ..... I definitely needed it this morning. ........ We had visitors in sunday school, our teacher is facing minor surgery this week and one of our visitors suggested we all hold hands and pray for him. I'm not sure how everyone else felt but there was peace flowing in that hand holdin group of about 15 people! and it hit me and my raw nerves like a ton of soft feathered bricks! It soothed and nutured me like a sick child getting chicken noodle soup. (I am a chicken noodle soup fan) .... Then the morning service ... I brought my Blessings of 5 family home and headed back to the morning service (they wanted to come home) Wow is all I can say, I attend a small country church, established in the late 1800's by mainly families from the top of this "mountain" and surrounding areas ...... Today it is still attended by a lot of family who have extended their arms and embraced anyone who wants to attend as "family" also. More nerve soothing, and toe stomping words from the pulpit to help me shape up and stop whining! ..... I told Pastor Joe he has to quit hittin us with those "hard feathers" ..... He has a way of delivering positive upbeat words that embrcae you lift you up and help you want to change. I don't think there were too many dry eyes in the place. ...... God finally convinced this very tearful stubborn, self righteous, prideful soul that maybe .... just maybe I could use a trip to the front for a bit of repentence at the altar. It's one of the drawing things about this small place in the corner of the big world .... There's no overwhelming words spoke over you, no expectations that you have to "DO SOMETHING" no pushy over bearing zealous people who want you to perform, just a very gentle quiet, hand laid on your shoulder and soft almost inaudible words murmured caringly to God for you by loving gentle people.
This is later in the afternoon ...... it is 4:14PM .... I watched a "chick flick" with my hubby before he left for more afternoon "search dog training" with the team he belongs to. Awesome movie .... we both cried through most of it ..... it's called "Gracecard" ...... After he left I decided to make some "cabbage salad" or as it's called in most places cole slaw. My 3 year old grandson was invited to help .... he loved running the button that made the machine chop up & shred the cabbage, then I added ingredients well he "stirred" ...... I then offered him a bowl ..... he excitedly took it and gobbled it down ..... I was amazed! Most 3 year olds aren't into cole slaw a.k.a cabbage salad!
No comments:
Post a Comment