Thursday, July 18, 2013

           A calmer day ...... today is a fresh new day ...... feelings have been laid on the table, no aces still up the sleeve, aaahhhh!! ..... I spent all day yesterday having a lot of issues @ my job too. As an apartment manager sometimes you have those kind of days like home too ..... High heat, high tempers, rash decisions, people doing things and making poor choices because the heat has addled their brains.  ...... But I made it through.
         Fish Sticks .... my hubby walks in last night eating the bowl of left over fish sticks ..... I just looked at him, he said after they sat for 2 days he figured no one wanted them and didn't want them to go to waste. ....... God love him, he's a saint! ..... More Fish Stories ...... I have had this overwhelming craving for fish and ice cream lately ...... on the funny side of things I was picking on my Maintenance person and her fiance' ..... I told her I have this "crazy idea" for a  Vividly Vanilla Bean ice cream with pieces of Anchovies in it. ... Sweet, Salty and two very different flavors Hummmm ?? (I had her and her other half gagging LOL!! ... some people are so squeamish) I sometimes have a weird sense of "Different Food Combo's" ..... 
       I did go to the chiropractor yesterday and I now have use of my left arm! .... The pinched nerve is having some relief but still having to do some gyrations to keep it in place. Hoping it stays as time goes on ...... BUT alas ..... "we" as in my Maintenance person and my self had to put in a PTAC unit today .... and for those who don't know what one of these are ..... it is a A/C & Heat unit combined that you see in Hotel & Motel rooms. ours run about 140 pounds and is through the wall about 6 inches off the floor. It is big enough to cool and heat a small one bedroom apartment. This was a second floor apartment. I had to hull it up stairs yesterday when it was delivered. I went home last night and tackled the kitchen and dining table prior to writing and presenting the "Expectation" list to my Blessings of 5.
I was feeling a bit tense and ornery but as I went I said WHY NOT ME? ..... it helped loose that Poor Me / Self Pity Mentality! .... and I started to say "JUST DO IT!" again. Plus it only took me about 15 minutes total to clean my galley kitchen and pint size dining area.   
     ..... I love coming home to hearing Mawmaw, Mawmaw!! from my excited little grandson, he frequently meets me at the door .... he's 3. He always has things to tell me ...... he speaks "dutchy" that's what we have always called baby language that we can't always decipher.  He says "bup" for cup that is one word I have learned, ... but sigh ..... sadly, there are still lots of words I am having to learn, while he tries in frustration to make me understand. (I call these kids "grandchildren" although they are not biologically mine ..... but I love them just as if they were mine) I do have two beautiful grandchildren that are biologically mine, and I love dearly, they are my son's ...... I don't see them a whole lot. Sporadically at best, sadly probably will be like this for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment