Evening July 28th 2013 ...... Sometimes when your feeling "good" you forget that sometimes it's not a bad idea to share happy moments too. Little things that tickle you, "Pixie" as i fondly named her and her brother we all call Bubby, were riding their little bikes up and down the driveway. Pixie got off and wanted Bubby to "chase her" with his bike. He obliged and she ran ..... and can she run! ..... she almost looks like she's flying when she runs ..... he's chasing her on his bike and she's running and giggling the whole time ...... Finally Bubby is getting wore out .... she runs by weeks him on the back, giggles and runs away again ..... and the chase is on ....
Bubby collects a pile of grass Poppy cut earlier on a Frisbee and brings it to me an tells me it's pizza ...... the dog Abby grabs a mouthful of grass and runs with it ..... Bubby throws the grass up in the air and it all lands on his head.
Earlier the kids heard people talking down the hill from where we live ..... Pixie tells her mom that "elves" are talking to her and Bubby. ...... She already has her brother believing that the big tree in our yard has a magic door that opens with a "special key" she has. Bubby is still trying to find the door.
I am so blessed to have the privilege of my grand babies being here. They bring such joy and wonderment I had almost forgot what it is like to have a small child's imagination.
Some more of our story ..... My grand babies daddy arrived at my home years ago ..... on a blistery cold early spring day ..... it was freezing rain out and windy, and a knock came at our door, a shivering youngun with a scrawny girl stood at my door ..... They needed somewhere to get into out of the cold rain. I let them in ..... He was 16 and she was 15, they had been living in an abandon house up the road from us ....... I took them in ..... he stayed she went back home, he moved out and from then on he was in and out of our lives .... that was 23-1/2 years ago. This time when he came "home" I told him they are staying for good! ..... no matter how hard it gets, no matter how difficult it may seem at times, this was it! ..... we are going to make it .... all 7 of us. ........ I have two wonderful biological children who I love dearly ..... My hubby and I weren't able to have any children. Shortly after we were married I had to have an emergency hysterectomy .... he helped raise my two and he has been a wonderful dad in every sense to my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment