I use to look at people who went beyond for others that extra distance, who gave all for one, who seemed extraordinary in their actions and reactions as "SAINTS" ...... then to have them screw up and fall off their pedestal ..... As I am traveling this journey with my Family of 5 and now 6 WHO I CALL MY BLESSINGS OF 5 (AND NOW WE HAVE ADDED A 6TH CHILD TO THE MIX ..... ) I am learning to walk, crawl & climb VERY SLOW through this labyrinth and maze of sharp turns, steep grades and sheer cliff mountain sides. I am learning that to do this I MUST HAVE A GUIDE! my choice of guide is the HOLY SPIRIT! ......
Last night I became aware that Mr. S who rumors have had it, is not using indiscretion when it comes to friends .... especially the female kind. And there was and is rumors and sadly a lot of facts of certain rendezvouses with a certain lady of ill repute ..... and I will leave it at that ....... I am not happy with him!! This morning I was still not feeling kindly towards him. I had ordered a phone for him on our cell phone family plan and he is using my vehicle for the weekend for his job ..... AND ..... I have ask our church to help him fix his vehicle, because I have no one else to turn to. So it's not no one is trying to help him .......
I was to say the least blistering with heated words to pour out all over him! ...... ANGRY, UNMERCIFUL, UNKIND WORDS!!! ...... I paced the house trying to busy myself to work off some anger for what he is doing to his family and the horrid choices he is making ....... When I heard the Holy Spirit say "NOW!" ..... i simply said OK! ..... walked into their room and ask if anyone was hungry .... and if anyone wanted some waffles .... I had no idea what I was going to say I just obeyed and opened the door ..... Mr. S wanted waffles! I went to the kitchen and started to make him some. I felt more then heard overpowering love pour over me for this "adopted son" of mine. I called hm to come and get them .... I had buttered them and put syrup on them for him, I ask that he sit at the table and eat ..... and we were going to have a "little chat" I sat down at the table ...... no idea what to say ..... except I knew I needed to say it in love ...... Here is what the Holy Spirit laid on my heart. I told him I did not fix those waffles for him because of anything special he did, said or any special actions he chose ..... I did it simply because I love him because he is my son! Like wise God sent His son to die for our sins .... not because we were anything special, not because we did anything to deserve it ...... just because He loves us as we are. Just because God loves us with all our imperfections. Further more God loves Mr. S despite all his bad choices and imperfections ..... I made him aware I am WELL AWARE OF HIS INDISCRETIONS!! ......
Was I being a "Saint?" NO!! what I did was be obedient and listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit as He lead me in this tough situation. .... Am I human? will I make mistakes? absolutely! Will others judge me for my mistakes? You can count on it! ..... One of the issues with placing others on pedestals it takes a lot of work to lift them up there, then it takes constant watching to see if they fall off.
Don't place others on pedestals ..... place them in your prayers instead. They sometimes need it more when they have to deal with difficult situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment