Saturday, May 5, 2018

Overwhelmed to Overcomer Chapter Eight

OVERCOMING .... September 4th 2017
    Been a long road of self delusions, hard headedness, stubborn pride, and just plain orneriness .... that has finally brought me to my senses .... so to speak .... Not exactly the road I would suggest to anyone .... a bit hard on myself ... YEP ... had to be!! but oh .. the lessons that have been learned, climbing this mountain of SELF .... facing the giants of MY Own BAD ATTITUDES .... again not a suggested way to travel .... BUT all I can say is GOD HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME!!
 
    Today I sit in my almost finished space ... my own room, need another sheet of OSB board for my floor ...
 ... after thoughts that tie in with Chapter #7 ..... As Susie's Demtenia progresses we face what to do in this situation .... her rent is helping finance the second mortgage, and quite frankly my finances are not too bad but with the needs we have had .... her rent $$ has helped ... But we needed to combine our 2 mortgages and get some money for a leaking roof that is 25 years old .... and the insatllation of a "DISH" satillite with no CAULKING magnifed the leakage 10 fold with no recourse from DISH NETWORK!! When we changed satillite companies to HUGHES NETWORK they discovered this nasty gift DISH installers had given us ..... anyway .... went to the bank .... did a plethora of paperwork ..... when the Appraiser came .... SIGH ... he was bitten on the back by a spider in our backyard .... I felt sorry for him ... and to be honest I wasn't actually ready but I wanted to get this over with so .... IN he came .....
    The bank denied us on my poor housekeeping .... yep .... I have to be honest ... I was physically and mentally exhausted from everything and did not have the energy to "clean up the junk look" Oh ... my laundry was done and the dishes were all clean, the floors were swept & mopped ... and things were straightened up .... but ... the clutter was here and there and every where .... and YES I WAS ANGRY!! how dare he judge on what's in my house ..... SIDE NOTE to add .... our riding lawn mower of about 10 years had just died and we had a push mower  ..... (that was the original purpose of bringing in Missy "K" and letting her IDIOT visit ... keep the lawn mowed once a week for rent on the camper) .... That didn't last long .... and yes it was HOT & MUGGY OUT with high HUMIDITY!! .... So the weeds over-ran, the grass continued to grow and poison ivy continued to  climb all over the place ... (Now, not only I am horribly allergic to it so is hubby) .... and we are wore out!! 
     So decisions, decisions, decisions ..... where is the money coming from to fix the roof ... ??
UPDATE MAY 5TH 2018 ......
      the roof is fixed ..... the road to it being fixed was a journey of fine patient waiting and seeking.I began looking at different roofing companies and checking out if there was one that financed roofing .... I finally located one out of Louisville .... called Louisville Roofing ... the process was they came and talked to us, measured the roof, ask about gutters and we signed papers ..... On January 19th 2018 they came and did our roof .... a few minor events and details had to be worked out and I was concerned about the earliness of the season installing shingles .... BUT all in all I am hopeful that all will turn out Ok. ....

No comments:

Post a Comment