Saturday, April 1, 2017

Overwhelmed to Overcomer Chapter Five

Wrote from: September 10th 2016 to April 1st 2017      

    Started out sunny and then about 3PM it turned dark and RAIN!! …. lightening & thundered but nothing bad … just a regular ole storm, electric went off twice so we shut down lights and bedroom A/C’s went on fan so it didn’t hurt the compressor’s. … Hubby was in The Big City today with Molly his Search Dog @ a Hamfest …. LOL … I thought he was enjoying ham ….. it wasn’t that kind of “Hamfest” …. it was a ham radio operators gathering. My hubby is a ham radio operator. …. he just don’t have his base set up yet.

     … today is already Sunday Sept 25th 2016 ….. been 2 weeks since I last wrote …. on this letter.
      I have thought a lot about this letter writing thing ….. I had to run through a lot of thought processes and to be quite honest, a lot of feelings and emotions ….. What is appropriate to write, share, correspond, communicate to …. you all …. 
     I began this “noble adventure” with an idea of reconnecting with people I care about ….. but then all these child like feelings surfaced …. all insecurities of the "what if’s” …. It’s been a struggle with my feelings and attitudes, but with patience and fortitude in my arena of emotions  and after much soul searching and prayer I have came to the conclusion with God’s help “ I need to get over myself!” Sometimes we feel we have these marvelous ideas and implement them with grand ideas …. only to realize that the idea maybe didn’t happen the way I was expecting it to …. that’s where God had to help me …. The Garden of Eden didn’t turn out the way God wanted it too either. ….. disappointment in a relationship can be a real bummer ….. But the good news is God always had a plan despite how things turned out ….. and as I prayed and put my feelings before Him …. He began to take me on a inward journey to me ….. past all the feelings, emotions, attitudes, ideas, ideals, motives, ….. past all the past, to just simply me ….. and I saw that when I began this endeavor it simply was an outlet to say “HI” and just do what I love to do most and that is to write ….. so all said and put before you, without any expectations I am going to continue to write ….. 

     Our church has a wonderful publication …. I guess it would be comparable to the weekly sunday school papers we use to get as a child …. it’s called “The Lookout” they have been doing the “Fruits of the Spirit” each week they focus on one “fruit” …. I picked up this week's publication and it’s on patience …. another area I have developed some “pride” in …. SIGH …. and not the good kind of pride either ….. I have “prided” myself on how patient I “normally” feel ….. and have had to learn to be patient over the years in my job. …. that is until wanting my own way and patience collide …. UGH …. not a pretty collision ….. actually it can get pretty messy when they meet up. …. “ME - MYSELF and I” have some dyed in the wool ideas how something is going to work …. and God has a totally different plan in mind. I have a laid out schedule and all my blueprints for the particular idea sealed and stamped with my own agenda. …. AND IT LOOKS GOOD!!  …. and often I have found God allows me to run with these things …. at least to the end of my God attached bungee cord ….. then as they all kind of fall apart, and my emotions start that little self pity party whine .... I find myself reluctantly whizzing backwards at breakneck speed to ….. sigh ….. A God appointed & ordained time of correction. 
    My latest encounter has been with this false feeling of “Patience” …. It began normal enough, I had some good ideas and began to implement them , but the response time wasn’t budgeted in …. you see I had “ME” in mind and that was it …. As I read the article today about a girl who ministers in Germany on a college campus and she went through the same feelings of wanting things to happen before their time …. God gently tapped me on the shoulder and showed me the truth of things. When He calls us to do a specific task, He will enable us, provide for us and give us the needed tools and time to obey and respond to His leading and calling in the direction He wants us to go. It is not mine to set up timelines and boundaries but His …. in His time.  I am so thankful for timely corrections and words from God. 

     Updates: …. “MT” the “homeless vet” who now lives at my apartments is adjusting slowly, it is difficult for him as he learns new living “habits” and the feelings of being overwhelmed by the goodness of others. …. His wise wisdom & wit often astounds me at his observations about people. Please pray for him …. as he knows about God and believes but ….. is reluctant to open himself up to God. …. often learned responses we gather from life’s experiences we tend to  address God the same way. 
        Hubby has had to go to a tri-axle dump truck …. please keep his back in prayer as the vibrations from sitting in one of these wears on his back, but he has been able to get on a really good run, that may last for awhile. 
      Our backyard jungle is slowly getting re-discovered …. and I have discovered a plant called a Scourge Plant … at least that’s what it may be …. it has an oily toxin on the leaves that causes a burning sensation. (it is worse when they are dried … ie … cut and piled for removal) 
     Our blended family of 8 is flowing and fitting together as God teaches all of us the art of communication, patience, and acceptance of each other’s differences. Bubby is learning to read & spell … it is so neat to watch him enjoying learning ….. Bubby had an eye appointment this past week, and was were given some good news, his eyes are better from him wearing his glasses all the time, and Pixie went to her first invite to a birthday party today, she came home a bit too excited ….. which translated into a small attitude issue …. LOL … Grandma had a small discussion about feelings and how they will be part of her life forever …. and the importance of not using them to say or do unkind things. 
    We are drawing closer to Bonnie’s October appointment at the Rehab Center, for her testing to see how the Dementia is progressing, Fanny has agreed to go with me, she knows the big city a lot better then I do. I am so thankful, she can go.  

      The kids biological mother was the victim of a serious assault this past week on September 22 2016, it’s been in the news without any names …. we are trying to discreetly keep this information from the kids ….. Bubby has behavioral issues that seem to trigger strong emotional responses when any memories from his past are confronted by him. It’s been a tight rope walk with what he can do and who he can see ….. Harry and Fanny have had some difficult decisions to make for Bubby’s sake.

     October 19th 2016 @ 6:34PM 
It’s been almost a month … since the kids biological mother was assaulted … it has been a process of State Police questioning people and having several people of interest. In the mean time she came to stay with her father in law Gramp's and her daughter Miss "K" in Rivertown @ the request of the police for her safety. Friday October 14th she received a call from her probation officer, she had prior to the attack put in for a transfer to Maryland an so she could go live with her father. On October 14th she received a call that her transfer had gone through and she had to be in Maryland by Thursday Oct 20th for her first probation meeting. We all spent the weekend brainstorming and trying to find her a ride to Red City Ohio to the bus station well we were waiting for her Dad to send her money for the ticket.Then her daughter Miss "K" also needed to find a ride Tuesday to  Hilltown about 20 miles out of Rivertown for court.Yesterday . The evening of the 17th her Dad sent her the money from Maryland that she needed …. I found that if she bought her ticket online it was about $35.00 cheaper, so I helped her get one online. The morning of the 18th of October …. it was apparent I would be having to take her to the bus station PLUS get her daughter to Hilltown (20 miles in the opposite direction) as we were orchestrating all this (Miss "K" had to be there by 8:50AM @ the latest, and her mom had to be in Red City by 11:45AM @ the latest. ) ….. Red City is a good hours drive from us. I knew the bridge between Rivertown and Press City which we had to cross was down to one lane with a LONG RED LIGHT!!!  I also was aware of construction on the interstate split for Red City and Horse City. Which could be serious!! …. PRAYER WORKS!! ….. Ms."D"'s  oldest boy is 21 and he also had court that morning and wanted me to swing by his place and pick him up …. I said NO!! ….. Made it to Hilltown for Ms."K" she was able to get in and out …. "lil"Jr. had made it there and ask if he could ride along to Red City with us ….. I said ok …… A stop @ the store for last minute snacks an we were off …. construction at the split was slow but steady moving, we arrived at the bus station with 15 minutes to spare. ….. I felt I had “quit breathing” at some point ….. finally as she loaded on the bus I was able to breathe easier …. 
     On another front …. my apartments I manage ….. SIGH …. lots of interesting, nerve jangling decisions …. two households, horribly out of sync with the rules and regulations … two households catapulting toward eviction ….. both very very sad situations ….. the one I have given a 30 day reprieve …. the other may not be so fortunate …. either way it is very stressful for me …. especially with the holiday season right around the corner. …….. my heart’s pendulum swings from compassion to anger quite frequently with both …. 
     My son & his wife …. and their situation …. PRAYER is a need!! her Mom was taking it’s toll on everyone in their household both physically and mentally. They ended up calling the ambulance the other night and put her back in the hospital when she collapsed well they were trying to put her to bed. ….. They are going to put her back in the nursing home when she gets “better” again. …. they found she had another UTI. 
    October has been a rough month for many here ….. the 1st Friday in October one of my son's friends killed his wife and himself ….. by Monday the 10th there was a total of 3 couples who had died from murder-suicide …. one of the other couples had connections to our town too, he was Ryver's coach @ school. The 3rd couple was in  about 40 miles away. Kind of rocked my boat …. mentally with this …. another shocker before these ….. a young man who killed himself back on August 27th, he was at the apartments a lot; his ex & 3 kids live there. They found him 2 weeks later …. so …. all said and done …. a lot of people who knew these “ones” have been through my office doors in the last few weeks. 

November 5th 2016 …..  Another month has slipped away and we are in November …. the last few weeks have seen Harry with pneumonia, me with a coonhound hunting rabbits, cough, Fanny with a lot of pain from her hip, and the weather not changing a whole lot ….. a blessing for us who burn wood, and ….. not as much of a blessing for the farmers …. As of today we have 3 loads of wood. one load equals 2 weeks worth of heat. We have enough if we started to burn it today (which we have had a low fire going all day to keep the chill off the air) we will have enough to last till about December 16th ….. We also have lots of wood from our cut done trees we still are working on ….. The kids & I have been diligently cutting back our “jungle” in the back yard for Lee to find the wood to cut ….. we are making progress!! Today we spent a good portion in the backyard cleaning up and stacking wood, piling kindling …. and cutting weeds … and taking naps …. eating ….. LOL … Annie made gravy by herself and mash potatoes, I had cooked a large pork roast and she used the juice and left over meat. So we had a yummy lunch of hot pork gravy sandwiches and mash potatoes. 

November 8th 2016 ….. arrived @ work and was met by Daughter-in-law's brother, him and his family are some of my tenant’s. He let me know his mom had passed away this morning …. SIGH!! poor Charlotte!! … (and him and all the rest involved ) Going to be pretty hectic for a few days ….. One blessing that immediately comes to mind is my son & his wife had brought her mom home from the nursing home to try and take care of her at their house. After much thought and several strained backs and herniated disc’s later and counsel from the home health care nurses, and a stay @ the hospital everyone decide it was best to place her in the nursing home. She was there about two weeks before passing. I am so glad she is no longer suffering and glad she wasn’t at my son's  when this took place. Her funeral is November 12th in Indiana. A good friend and one of Charlotte's mother's pastor’s will do the service. 

November 17th 2016 …. @ 4:55PM   Ended up coming home today from work @ 10AM with an earache and headache …. sigh POLLEN is not my friend!! …. been doing the earache thing for several weeks off and on. Combine this with lots happening and not a lot of room to stop and take a break ….. I came to the end of myself ….. and had to give myself permission to be ill. 
    Charlotte's mom’s funeral was really good, Pastor Jenny did an excellent job.  
Exhaustion …. sometimes it has to kick you in the backsides to make you realize just how tired you are … 

November 23rd 2016 …. @ 7:39PM  What does Thanksgiving Eve look like at your house? 
wellll ….. Annie and I have been tackling the annual “Banana Bread Thing” ….. this is where I save banana’s in my freezer all year and then about holiday time get them all collected from all the freezer’s nook and cranny’s … thaw them out ….. and thus begins an annual tradition …. this year we are making a 13x batch ….. and Annie is learning a lot of math in the process. We have spent most of the day talking about the various stuff we are going to be doing ….. I am making 4 cream pies, 2 chocolate-peanut butter, one carmel-cheesecake, and one Pistachio. …. Lee is making peanut Butter cups …. Oh ….. are we suppose to have turkey, gravy, potatoes & stuffing? LOL …. I suppose we will have that too …. but dessert is so much more fun to play with. We will also be having green bean casserole.

and in between November 24th and January 2nd ……  

JANUARY 2ND 2017

Happy New Year to everyone ……   
Monday 3:31PM …. Wow didn’t do anything on this letter all of December … Between 7 out of 8 of us being sick and passing it back and forth (Lee drew the BLESSED STRAW!!) between Pneumonia, Bronchitis, Intestinal Flu, Stomach Bugs, Sinus Infections, ear infections and Strep throat …. we pretty much covered all medical aspects of contagious illnesses that aren’t too serious .… As of today January 2nd … we all are on the mends, HALLELUJAH!! …. 
    Starting this Wednesday our church is starting up Wednesday night Bible Study, I’m really excited … We are doing the “War Room” study …. 


and in between January 2nd and April 1st 2017 …….  

No comments:

Post a Comment