I was writing in my journal this morning ..... and reading a devotional book I read everyday. It was giving some instructons how to improve one's spiritual walk basically. As I journaled (wrote in my book) I penned the words "Knee Jerk Reaction" I say it often but never took time to really think about wht I said. This morning it hit me !! ....... this is when the doctor takes his or her, as in my case and taps your knee and your lower leg kicks out. Often "Knee Jerk Reactions" in our life aren't from large things hitting us up side the head but from small nudges and taps below the "knees" so to speak that create a instant responce from us. ...........
I began to think about those "things and situations" that cause these kind of reactions and what makes me respond the way I do? ....................
#1) To have a "KJR" (Knee Jerk Reaction) first of all you need to have been programmed with the idea or ideal how to react then you need to be programmed with a reaction.
#2) It has become a naturally imbedded response to certain given situations and happenings.
For me ..... as I began to explore these particular mentalities I possess that cause these reactions, it was like a snowball rolling down a mountain side to the deepest valley below.
One of the "KJR's" I have is "Mis-Trust" in certain people with in the parameters of certain situations. One particlar situation that occured yesterday was our computer was "messed with". I recieved a call from a very distraught hubby late in the afternoon when he arrived home to find he couldn't access his email, Facebook or his game. He tried to discribe what was going on but to be honest all I "heard" was it was seriously messed up!! I was "certain who was responsible" so therefore began to build on this "KJR" to what I assumed was the "WHO & the WHY!" ...... From the point of informaton over the phone to when I actually arrived home was several hours. That was several hours of IMAGINATION running rampant with possibilities .......
Arriving home I made some verbal inquiries ( and accusations) about who was home all day.... I found out who I THOUGHT was here all day unsupervised wasn't. That threw the first kink into my "KJR" ..... and I must say it slowed my "KJR" down considerably. The second piece of info was .... who was on it, our 13 yr old. She doesn't have the general abilities to screw it up on purpose. So another kink went into my "KJR" I was already on a roll and being a bit loud and "yelly" in the process...... Then I actually came into the computer room to have a look at the computer ..... I must say it was everything my hubby discribed .......After considering it for a bit, I decided to "LOGGED OUT" ....... that's when I discovered that "the someone (our 13 yr old) " who was already hitting her Explosive Anger Disorder LEVELS from my "KJR" when I got home ..... was the one who more then likely was responsible. .......... and more then likely she was gearing up because she knew she was responsible. .......... That's when I realized my KJR was WRONG! ( as most of the 90% of them are) "KJR's" are mostly ASSUMING THINGS before all the facts are in, which can really mess things up when you find out the REAL FACTS and they aren't even close to the "KJR" It leaves a basic mess for the person who is owner of the "KJR" to sort it out, fix it and clean up the problem the "KJR" caused!
OK so here's what happen ...... years ago when we had custody of our 16 year old grandson we gave him his own "LOG IN" site for our computer this was so we could set up PARENTAL CONTROLS on his site and then we could have our own stuff without him accessing our side. He liked to do things on the computer when angry. So this kept our stuff safe (like not deleted or worst). Anyway he ended up having to be in a special foster home for out of control kids because we couldn't deal with his ANGER, RUNNING AWAY, STEALING and DRUG DEALING any longer. After he left we didn't have need to access it and so it was left alone and passwords were forgotten ....... UNTIL YESTERDAY ..... when Miss LL typed in a password she randomly found in our "book of information" and it ACTUALLY WAS THE PASSWORD! ........ so what we thought was bad turned out to be good ..... and now after her & I doing some in depth discussions she has her own side to the computer she can access .... with PARENTAL CONTROLS intact.
No comments:
Post a Comment