Day 2 .... of blogging, ..... but this saga began on May 15th 2013. Our added family started in our direction with a phone call in the wee hours of the morning. I headed out into the night to a place I had no idea where it actually was, except for a few hurried directions. Driving in the dark with myself behind the wheel isn't my favorite thing, then add I was headed to somewhere "down the road" ..... needless to say after a wrong turn and a drive out into the backwoods, a hurried turn around, and a frantic phone call to the "other person's phone" ..... I was told "never mind!! " ...... Prayer or as i like to call it talking to God, is a daily learning experience for me. I was doing it a lot in that wee hour of that Wednesday morning. It was 4:00AM ..... My first prayer was for God's hand to intervene in this domestic dispute situation. My second prayer was for the words of my Hubby as I ran out the door ..... "NO!!" .... Ok God he just said NO! and I am here heading out the door anyway ..... HELP!! ..... As I received the "never mind" from the other person on the other end of the phone, I already saw God's hand at work. So my prayer for Him to intervene in this whole situation was a lot easier for me to believe.
My Hubby and I live on two seperate "plain's" yet we are very functionable as a couple. I often tell people our ships raely ever dock in the same port. Yet he is my best friend and my solid rock. This year will be 29 years together.Not always easy and definitely not always smooth. Between taking in "homeless folk & homeless animals" we rarely have ever been alone. My life is surrounded by my animals and my job, his life is surrounded by his job and his involvement with search and rescue, both with a search and rescue team and a Dog Search Team and most important MOLLY!. Then to add 5 humans from age 3 to 39 to this mix and you really begin PRAYING A LOT MORE!! ...... more like HELP ME LORD!!
I think I have repeated to myself at least in the last week "THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. !!" at least 10 times a day or more. It's about this family who need us right now. ...... and about my husband's "NO" ..... again I have been in prayer for God to help him ...... this family doesn't have a choice at this point, we are all they have ..... and I am sure God has a plan for all of us. He always does as long as I don't botch it up ..... and let "ME" get in the way. Last night my hubby was attempting to repair our riding lawn mower, unsuccessfully I might add .... when Shawn went out to help and assist they were able to get it done together, God knew my hubby would need some help.
No comments:
Post a Comment